This post just comes in after the dramatic win of Mumbai Indians in the first match of IPL season 5. The play wasn’t dramatic, it was more of tragedy for the home players. It turned out to be more of a victory to my friend, knowingly or unknowingly, and him, not being much of a writer I decided to pen down something from my side.
Never tease a boy too hard about not doing something. You might never know that he will pick up the courage eventually to do it right. Maybe that’s how impossible things happen. It’s not as serious as it sounds when the scene revolves around just friends. You will know better if you have a friend who is a guy in your gang. I’ll call him the dude. Now dont jump into the literal sense :P
Is it some kind of a habit or a personal thing that guys have towards girls, a kind of soft corner. Im straight in putting forward that there is nothing wrong about that. But be it pulling ones legs or grabbing a lunch from a friend is done easily by a girl to a guy but never the vice versa. This starts with a facebook comment, obviously. I dont think twice before I make some rubbish teasy comment on my friend’s wall but I dont receive the same in return, though they tease me in private and bash me hard unril I frown when it’s just us and the circle we have. Boys do care about the public and the reputation. They dont like to be looked down at and they dont complain out loud only because you are a friend to them. Maybe I provoked Mr. Dude too much in public, for that he waited long and hard for his turn to charge back.Ofourse never to ask a man to “Be a MAN!”. But it’s the most easiest metaphor you can use instead of putting it the plain way, “Have some courage!”. Now that can work tough on boys. But on my defense I wasn’t given a choice to choose anything stronger than that when I have won bets and challenges with my dude friend. After such circumstances and events was the eve of the first match of IPL season 5. I just updated my cover photo which reads, “Bleed Yellow” hailing from Chenaaai. (We love the place dont we?!). Ofcourse my dude friend (from coimbatore that is – they ne’er agree with chennaities) had to disagree being one of God’s followers. A challenge was laid and wallposts about thrashing and supporting either of the teams was hot on facebook. It was a matter of prestige and vengeance and revenge and what not.
![]() |
| Was it really between them? :p |
I lost hope after the very few overs(Mr.dude, please note) as the match was pretty much one-sided after CSK started to bat. The hospitality shown to the visitors was immense and i’m pround, I must say to convince myself. But Mr. Dude was thrilled about MI’s win or the challenge, I’m not sure of.
BRAGGING- Its another guy thing. <If it’s showing off, then its a girls’. But here its strictly bragging.> You get the courage you need out of the blue when a win such as this is a percent sure. And after that follows, “Hey, c’mon mahn, I’m the pistaa hereI!”. I was sure of losing and I’m bound to keep quiet.
Among friends you know how bets and challenges gets interesting and how we do anything to win it, the course of winning(the going-to-win yaps to the okay-im-losing) being the toughest. And yeah yeah, MI won (Whateva, CSK will roar back!) amd Mr. Dude won. I heard the VICTORY SPEECH aka “Thrashing the loser speech” with light non-supportive all-in-vain talks from my side which din’t even pass the phone’s speaker to the other side only because Mr. Dude was in all time high about winning THE challenge. (Its THE if he wins, just ‘the’ if me :/)
So what? A friend won. MI won. Is it just that or is there more to it?
All the MI Vs CSK discussion threads in Facebook were closed after the “duh” victory. Not much to talk about it. I ended the conversation with a “BYE and Good Night. Peace.” wallpost hoping that it will wave a white flag or send a dove after the pointless and meaningless fights we had about a match which happened kilometres away from us. And there came a reply, “ Coward, I’m a MAN”. I hate being called a coward and I was furious, but after all the farce I made of him, I simply liked the comment, agreeing for the first time. Cheers.
It was peace, indeed.
Silly friends,
Swetha Ananthan.

wow THE DUDE obvious slappd yu hard :P
ReplyDeleteNope, thats just the advantage of being friends :P
ReplyDelete