Thursday, April 28, 2011

Invisible tie between Girls! Music! and Love! (?)


Late hi =))


This post comes in  after a long break. What else could be a reason for a wackster like me? Ofcourse, I was off to a place where wacksters' practise their skills, simple, college :p.

Girls! Girls! Girls! If you are one such gal, post your experience after reading ett (comment). Guys! this will be your one among the thousand attempts you make to understand gals us. (failure, this time too? lemme knoe!). Sharing something that is happening recently in college, which was a topic under inspection for me and a friend of mine. I'll name her single ;) (that's how she is named in my contacts'  and I'm in hers ).

Lonely time in hostel can be heavy. For a girl like me, in a nanosecond, ten thoughts cross my mind. Five are useless thou', two is about my past life and one, brings a tear. To put a fullstop to that, I engage my ears with tunes(mostly from singers' of my age). Now, Halt here! Let me switch topics. There is a relation thou'.

Most of our (me & my buddies) facebook statuses read the following, quite some months back. "Seeing all my friends' committed, I think, being single is the latest trend!!". It was just a status for me, a random one, like one from the Status Shuffle App, when I was back in school. But college showed hoe semantic it was!!. None of them came with a 'single' tag!(I am not talking out of frustration, okay, a lil ;)). But what happened to the depth of the abstract noun??!! I always considered it different and meaningful, unlike the other abstracts. But looks like it just lost it's meaning. Me and single ;) started wandering (around college :P) and pondering over it!

"He's got something special, adn when he's looking at me I wanna get all sentimental!!". That's the first lyric, of many to follow. Listening to this song makes me high!! :D I turn on my imagination and within a fraction of a second, I ll be in the middle of a stage... doing the waltz with my boyfriend... surreal, ofcourse!. Single ;) makes an entry by continuing the song, "And he's got a way of making me feel.. like everything I do is perfectly fine, The stars are on line... when I'm with him... AND I'M SO INTO HIMMM!!! :D". She does the white swan dance, in her own way. *alarm*. Dreams pop off and reality sets in!. It's the middle of EEE class. The teacher gives an awkward stare, for we would have carried a romantic smile on our face, a few seconds ago!!. Confused, I meant the both of us, she leaves the class. >_<

Me and Single ;) quickly exchange thoughts. Every romantic story has a villain. Even a romantic write-up has one these days. We had one. Oh yeah! The committed one! Ms. Villain eneters. She yaps about what she spoke with her boyfriend the day before, gets me and songle ;) pale green and goes back to her texting spree!, not even pausing to look at our reaction :( Both of us, again, exchange the stare, *look around*, *disappointed* seeing the lads in our class, plug the ear phones, get back to our music world!!!.

One more romantic beat! Auburn's, "You're the apple to my pie, you're the straw to my berry, you're the smoke to my high! You're the one I wanna marry! <3" plays in Volume 14 (samsung :P). We regain the smile we lost and we're happiee all over again. This has been my state almost everyday!!! :/ Being two singles (oxymoron! yay! I lowe those!) we go through a lot of hardships, into which we are pushed by the committed( the 87% majority around us! ). Seeing some "pairs" certainly proves that looks don't matter! (good move, thou'). The darker side is that the committed doesn' have the same as company to hear all their talks.! We singles' are scapegoats here!!. Me ans single ;) are in this situation 24 X 7!!!

Relying totally on music and lyrics we have set a dream guy with certain rules( Rules which any normal guy can't hit!) We live in the abstract world! mOst of the girls do !!. But what are we gonna do about ett?! Nothin'! Well, probably aking Taylor Swift, Rinhanna, JB and also H.Duff to quit singing to such dramatic lyrics can make us girls think about reality. I guess.

This was my conclusion. But I oaused to think about the perspective of the committed ones. *surprised* They were the not-so-famous JB and Swift. Theirs' were songs and these were poetry. And reading ett was us, singles, again. Which brings us back to turning green !! through music this time ! The Bigword is.....

"ABSTRACT"

Girls are puddled with sooo much of this!. Thats why living with them is much interesting and surprising :)!


Single! Mingle! But ne'er be Available,
Swetha Ananthan.

4 comments:

  1. really, being single is sooo much the better option sometimes. freedom, check. all your time to yourself, check. u only have to meet the xpectations you have for yourself.
    its only when u see someone close to you get in a total worthless relationship that u really get how better off singles are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem ( I may not be justified in calling this one) with some girls is that they get carried away by stuff written in songs and shown in movies. Only when they come to grips with reality, they realise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and they change the lyrics then :P :P

    ReplyDelete