Not less than two years ago I was leading a normal routine life doing something every day, trying to pass each day by getting the best out of it. It was not bad after all. But then you dream to take a step further and once the universe approves it, they all become true! I have pretty much used all modes of transport except flights till I was 21 years old which might be pretty surprising to many. However that does not mean I did not travel a lot. I did. To and fro from college to home at least once every two months. In the four years I did that alone I have come across so many different experiences. Coming to think of it, my life has not changed a lot. I still sit alone by myself staring into a tab or phone during all those waiting times which was at a train station before and now it is airports. I have been two at least more than a dozen airports in the last 18 months that span across three continents. Let's not get into the number of cities.
How did I get to this point? The truth is I don't know. A lot happened really fast in my life and until today I haven't realised I some what belong to the list of routine flyers or as many airline companies like to call them "Frequent Flyers". While writing this I realise,
- I have memberships with three different frequent flyer programs with a KLM/Air France Ivory membership card in my purse at all times.
- I have my own airplane ear plugs and eye mask.
- I can get myself around literally in any airport in the world (Haven't been to Dubai yet though :p)
- I comfortable sort out my luggage before the security check-in and frankly get quite annoyed seeing the time some people need.
- I dress special/comfortable for flight journeys.
- I can keep myself engaged during journeys that even longer than 10 hours.
- I have a well sorted cabin baggage that has quite a lot of stuff that helps me on board.
- My body is trained to not use airplane lavatories quite frequenty. I prefer to wait until my transit stops.
These are some of the top points that hit my head now. But it is quite surprising how things have come down to this. Guessing this is how routines change. My first flight journey brought me the worst feeling and made me realise that I might be mildly claustrophobic. But I am slowly dealing with it now :)
- Writing this as I pack for a week long trip to Miami. Chao!
Swetha
How did I get to this point? The truth is I don't know. A lot happened really fast in my life and until today I haven't realised I some what belong to the list of routine flyers or as many airline companies like to call them "Frequent Flyers". While writing this I realise,
- I have memberships with three different frequent flyer programs with a KLM/Air France Ivory membership card in my purse at all times.
- I have my own airplane ear plugs and eye mask.
- I can get myself around literally in any airport in the world (Haven't been to Dubai yet though :p)
- I comfortable sort out my luggage before the security check-in and frankly get quite annoyed seeing the time some people need.
- I dress special/comfortable for flight journeys.
- I can keep myself engaged during journeys that even longer than 10 hours.
- I have a well sorted cabin baggage that has quite a lot of stuff that helps me on board.
- My body is trained to not use airplane lavatories quite frequenty. I prefer to wait until my transit stops.
These are some of the top points that hit my head now. But it is quite surprising how things have come down to this. Guessing this is how routines change. My first flight journey brought me the worst feeling and made me realise that I might be mildly claustrophobic. But I am slowly dealing with it now :)
- Writing this as I pack for a week long trip to Miami. Chao!
Swetha
No comments:
Post a Comment