Saturday, October 15, 2011

The “Y” Generation Is “THE” Best Generation!


Bingo peeps!!

Assignments, worksheets, quizzes, class periodicals and big daddy, exams are all what we worry about. I tell you not to. Move on, if you disagree and for all those who are staying, here it goes, the reason why ‘Y’ generation is the best generation.

To have money you need money. That’s how the world goes these days. Whenever I draw a 100 bucks for a movie it just seems usual, but most of us would have heard our parents murmer, “I just paid seventy paise for it in my days!”. Well, its true that things cannot roll over in PAISE currently. I’m sure everyone would be reminded of “Aasai chocolates” when you come across 25 paise. If you are able to get one now, please do donate it to the museum. But be happy you once got chocolates, butter cookies, ice sticks for single digit currency though it is ninety bucks for a bag of popcorn in theatres now. But we’ve been through it all.

It helped us, din't it.
 Television shows!! We are the generation who grew up with awesome superheroes. Spiderman, Batman and Superman were our idols. Their movies and comics. For the girls it was all about Barbie Fairytopia movies in cartoon network. Oswald’s singing made me blush even if it is Taylor Swift now. And Mr. Plod in Noddy was my only nightmare. The boys were brainwashed by power rangers, Pokemon, Ben 10 and what not ?!. We saw all what we could and lived through the tele-world in our teens. I feel pity that our future generation would miss something like “Harry Potter” and the love of Edward for Bella <3. Then we got matured enough to watch rom-coms like Friends and HIMYM. Television did all what it could to make us enjoy.

 Old times had nothing to do with computers and the future will have nothing but computers. But who got the best of both worlds? WE. I mean, its true that google grew up with us and it’s like Twitter and Facebook waited till we attained the age of socializing. We created the era. I wouldn’ want to be too old nor young for facebook. The age we are now is perfect!

 It makes me contended to know I can look modern, posing with a jean and look traditional with a saree. Worlds with only sarees or miny skirts cannot bring the change and colour of the present. Not everything is taught nor left aloof. We have both. We have restrictions and freedom. Everything is not like, “Who cares?”, we still care, we still hold on, we still enjoy. “NO” technology is boring and so is “ONLY” technology. Poor society is boring and so is rich society. But what’s interesting is growing and developing along with it. So don’t blame it, instead love it. LIVE IT. Be proud that we are the “Y” generation! Collars up!



I belong here,
Swetha Ananthan.

No comments:

Post a Comment