Monday, June 18, 2012

A vacation that was.


"There is no change day by day, but once you look back along the years, your life has changed so much."

Let's start off this post with the above true quote. Don't bother much about the English and grammar, just enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing it. With all excitement I came home after a tiring year at college (engineering! Can't help it). I was on cloud nine, only because I get to eat amma's food. The first morning was very lazy as a perfect vacation would be. As one of the morning routine I logged into my facebook account to see what my friends were upto. Morning coffee, perfect breakfast, everything was, as it will be. Seemed a little different being a hostelite. Sleepy afternoons, evening walks, late night movies and it went on and on.

First came the birthday day. It was all about wishes and calls and catching up with old buddies. I missed college friends as it was vacation time, but there is always a surprise. Knock knock, who's there? Err.. No one. Seriously. I must have suspected a prank if it wasn't my cousin on phone. And then when I open the door to peek outside... Bam!!! My besties, the ones from school, with their kiddish smiles wished me "Happy birthday". That obviously made day. After hogging the entire truffle cake we went to McDonalds for the next round. Burgers and fries, we were bowled over by it's food, as usual. The b'day was pacing exactly the way it must. Contented I returned home. For their part, appa & amma wanted to go out as a family to celebrate! So there we go Raintree It was. With ample dishes and varieties me & my sister explored the arena. Mexican, tandoori, chettinad.. Blah...blah. My dad always takes charge of bringing the family closer by recalling history, the childhood moments and our lovely get togethers. It made us incredibly nostalgic, almost to tears but there was food. :P The day ended in a way it never could have, happily.

There was this friend from college who came to Chennai, we had a nice time hogging, again. We had fruit juices and its extreme. My uncle together, pulled it of well. We had the best night partying around. If you are in Chennai or not you must know ECR. They have THE isolated beaches perfect for... For... For... A family meeting, for a girl like me *wink*. Now if you think it can't get any better you are absolutely wrong. My uncle brought his barbeque grills, my mom made the ideal chicken following her own recipe which has mesmerized us for years and ofcourse there was a tent. We had grilled chicken, played frizzbies and got completely drenched by the waves. One word, FUN!.

This is how my holidays were progressing for a week. But something reminded me I should live my vacation and make it worth it. That is when I started to do what I always like to do. Blog, a little intense. Writing this & that and whatever I like in my blog was not enough competitive. Hence came the co-writing trend. I followed it. It was amazing to write with someone who actually writes in a diffeferent genre than you, but you can actually coordinate with them and bring out something new. Hence Blah Inc. was born. We are currently done with two posts and we've had received a lot of appreciation and constructive reviews. But there must be more fun no? Isn't it awe? Um, my friend calls him 'awe', just as result of another crazy blog. We began to write a story, a thriller. The progress of the story was very little as we both tend to talk a little too much. We spend most of the time calling each other dum, and then being happy about it. But the story has shaped up pretty well and will be published in a few days. Withhold your expectations. :P

Now, I had my platter almost full, with occasionally visiting my dad in his office, thinking something creative and ofcourse watching movies and eating food was part of the job. I didn't stop there. I am a grown up and had to prove I was one. So I enrolled myself in a nearby driving class. The gear, clutch and accelerator combinely worked according to my legs and I felt proud. I started driving daily.

Though we complain how hard Engineering is, it always has its sense of awesomeness. Doing my major In Biotechnology there is no boundaries for me to explore, and hence I signed myself up for an internship. It was like a 9 to 9 work, almost. Located at fartherend of the city travelling cribbed most of the time. We worked with stuffs that are unexplainable to majority of the crowd. Just the fact that I brought my DNA home made me look like a scientist for everyone but there was more to that. I’d like to keep the technical tone down else you wouldn’t understand anything, I understand just a pinch extra than you though. Working there an entire day sucked the strength out of me. Though it was interesting and I had friend who is a complete foodie as me and we talk all ‘nonsense’, it was tiring too. I longed enough for weekends. My internship took the major part of my day, so all the other works I had to do was cramped to mornings and nights. My life started at 4.30am in the morning and it was becoming a routine. I was slogging, it wasn’t like a vacation. But I had enough fun to cherish the weekends.

Weekend 1: The best time with cousins and aunts where everyone fell in love with the greenery. Munnar – “As close as to heaven it gets” was the tag.

Weekend 2: Nostalgic visit to our great grandfather’s place where I came to know about the big family tree I had.

Weekend 3: The friends whom I lived my teenage with. They know how obnoxious I can behave, yet love me. I love them too and the choco pizza I had at chocolate room. :P

Weekend 4: My childhood friend. We live far apart now but felt close when we still could catch up with each other. We spoke stories which were almost years old. 20 years gone by but she is still a bestie and we celebrated at bessie. :D

Weekend 5: Yes yes, my school friends. The cranky ones. We talk, talk talk and Talk and then we Hog, hog and hog. We had a nice time gossiping and having the girls’ night out fun we always have.

That's a stupid looking collage signifying Awesome moments. \m/



So, here I am. I’ve finished my intern, I’ve successfully written some blogposts, I’ve met all my friends who were far away, I’ve got roasted in the scorching sun, I’ve got my License and I’ve enjoyed my vacation. It was all fast moving but I’m happy to have halted and written it all down.


Thank you to everyone who made this vacation of mine, pretty much more than just Awesome. xD


Life is a roller-coaster,
Swetha Ananthan

1 comment:

  1. You missed out another piece of your awsomeness in nervesandwires... annoying

    ReplyDelete