Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Spill the Beans.



You know what they say about expectations,
When they do, it’s hard to believe real revelations;
In spite of those unacceptable aftermath,
You tend to believe in the instincts, and then
We fall, you fall. I wonder why.

By the time I’m up to be in line,
I’m squeezed with promises everytime;
Stacking up every bean with a lot of confidence,
They start to form a pattern;
A pattern of hope.

A sudden gleam in my face I could feel;
With all the veins straightening out on each other,
So this is what happiness feels like,
Even though the tough past and haunting future pass
This moment, I want it to last.

But then life and it’s prejudice stays,
To remind me that it’s not a fairytale that lay.
As the beans reached higher and higher,
The pattern more beautiful and brighter;
Truth started to prick, my heart started to sink.

Now I’m at a crossroad,
Choosing between the happiness I’ve just realised,
And, brackishness I’m yet to understand.
My little pals tap me in,
Optimism is the word, don’t give in.

One more bean, it shone like a star;
Something I made and something was mine.
People were wrong about expectations,
People were wrong about life.
Love and happiness and all of it were right. 

It’s time for the grand finale to start,
The royal bean must be crowned
Beneath it was a massive army of loops,
Spiral, curved and curled in troops;
She sat right at the top; the pattern here was now done.

Now the time has come for me to leave it there,
As tall as I could make it bear.
As I walked a sudden realisation crossed.
I felt my pocket, a pinion I observe;
“Lay ‘em first!” said that lad lil’ reserved.

Gosh! The slowest nanoseconds I picture;
I turn around;
I hear the snuff;
I close my eyes,
Now open them nice, and there.

Spill the beans.

 

Sometimes life screws the little optimism you hold on to :/

Sadness and Madness,
Swetha Ananthan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment