It was 6th June, 2011!... Remember the EEE class in which I dream my heads off?!...well yeah... here is the exam itself... in a few hours. I was freaked out!. Nothing good happened from the morning. Right from the fact that I had to wake up, as early as 5.00(:o that's early for me!) to the messed up change in mess timetable from bread to upmaa. To make things worse mom called up and had a go at me for leaving ultimately everything unpacked. The only bright light of hope was the thought, "Whatever happens in the next few hours.. no worries.. you are going home today!!". A thought, cause it was a month and more..still counting... since I've been to Chennai. I changed clothes, spotted my id-card under the bed :p ran to the mess with my well-partitioned plate... came back disappointed, holding nothing but a glass of milk! yes, the watery one! and tried to set my hair. It was late already and in a few minutes I saw myself holding the question paper. Surprise! it wasn't like a nightmare, like the one which I dreamt the day before :/. With all smiles..I rushed with the answers... and threw the answer script in the air and ran out wildly with happiness(really... placed it decently on the desk and walked off..quietly.. dept. teacher's supervision ppl :O :O). The best part was I rolled all the clothes and stuffed it in a trolley and a travel bag. It was easy...wait for it... I knew how hard it was when I had to carry it and walk for 17 coaches :'(. All tired... but in place... I sat down...little and saw the platform disappear in a distance!! The TTR checked the tickets...gave an aweful stare at my id-card photo and left. I dozed off...
It was the first day 2nd Aug,2010. I asked the security person to show me the way to the ladies hostel, from college. He stretched his left arm and as I turned I could see a long never-ending trail (trust me! it looks never-ending). I walked right in the middle, dad on the right giving me instructions on academic behaviour and for personal behaviour, it was mom on the left! I was left back in the hostel.. I remember dad saying, "Bye-bye!!" loud and clear.. No teary eyes then,for now. Wait... theres a lot more. The first day in college was "introduction day". Introduction of you to the teachers, teachers to you, you to friends and friends to you. :p :p I became familiar to people around me... one in front, back and both sides (like the minesweeper game :p). Days ran and so did time!!.The thought of missing family sets in. I was down with tears, just like and other girl who misses family. This made me sick quite often. A month wasn't enough to get things back to normal. But THREE MONTHS was :D :D. I made friends, started to understand classes and pranked around hostel. It was college life.
Class witnessed some best moments. I'm not talking about proxy thou'. The funny-pose pix at the last bench, gossips about college ppl, bollywood and hollywood ;) and theres always a background music played from someones xpressmusic :D. When caught for any immature behaviour, as "responsible" class reps... we stand calm and still before the faculty... so cautious with the lips still...not even a blink(now that helps from trouble :p). "World famous"... seriously.. not even college famous is our canteen. But it's got THE BEST samosas' for just three bucks... the menu rates goes as high as... guess.. oops! just five :p
HOSTEL! my oh my!! we stay up late night (upto 2.00am is wat i'm talkina abt) and have fun in groups.. imitating teachers and dancing sexaay for shiela ki jawaani :p. Ofcourse the mess has aweful food... but it doesn't matter.. cause we have a discussion topic on table which is more spicy than the food... too much to notice :p. No water in taps?! complain ?! No. We carry buckets in two-s... talking in the way.. for all morning necessities.. thou' taking bath was never on schedule (perfumes!). Watching movies and world-cup matches in TV hall was kickass fun..as the sound extended upto several decibels. WOW! and Thinking about the times we cried..hahahah :D couldn't stop laughing :P
It was amazing to see how life changed with time. First, stranger on my right.. give time... best buddy and secret sharer. First when I was unknown to my sir... give time... now he calls me "sweeddhhaa..inga vaa maa". refusing to sleep in class... give time... dude! ll be back next hour, enaku proxy podu!. No! I don't want pongal in the mornings... give time... bring it on! with extra sambhar and 1+1 two vadaa.. No water in bathrooms! sob!... give time... taking bath? that's tmws work. Mommy call.. mommy call... mommy please call... give time.. mom! did you call?!
And the first day good-bye... give time... To the kind attn of passengers... Chennai Central welcomes you!... I saw my dad and mom through the bars. As I took my luggage and walked along the station.. with dad on the right and mom on the left :)... dad says, "It's been a year!!". First day... give time... first year.. awesome first year!!
Imperfect?! don't worry.. give time.. perfecT!
Simply college =)) Simply Life! =)
One down, Three more to go.
Senior,
Swetha Ananthan.


No comments:
Post a Comment